Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-02-2011, 12:42
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I was gonna go to Glasto' this year with my best friend, but, we decided we're too high maintenance, and sadly, we already dance around in skimpy clothes and roll about in fields, so that didn't temp us. ...Okay if I'm honest I was riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight pissed off when my best friend decided we didn't want to go anymore. But I soon turned to her way of thinking when she said, "That gay band you like won't want to shag you if you look like that, we need this extra year to get our hot bodies in shape." (Yeah, we invented this whole fantasy in our head.)
HOWEVER we're definitely going next year, when we're at uni' because we decided that being a student means it's acceptable to look bad.

My brother in law said when he saw the manics' at glasto' once they go off stage because the crowd were mental (in general, not just cause it as the manics.) then when the security got the crowd to move backwards they came back on XD Pointless story I know but I wish I'd been there.

Oh also "Gay band you like" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermintrude the Cow View Post
I read that as "can change it" and had an image of you doing pelvic floor exercises like a mentalist, screaming "I will be a virgin again" whilst clutching a Care Bear and a picture of Richey...
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
I, for one, am slightly turned on by your obsession with penis size as you are indeed the hottest chick on here.

Last edited by ennanire; 21-02-2011 at 12:45.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:44

So, basically if the manics' are there this year I will personally go aroud my best friends house and hit her! Because she should know I am more in love with Nicky then I ever will be with her!
Quote:
I read that as "can change it" and had an image of you doing pelvic floor exercises like a mentalist, screaming "I will be a virgin again" whilst clutching a Care Bear and a picture of Richey...
Quote:
I, for one, am slightly turned on by your obsession with penis size as you are indeed the hottest chick on here.
Old 21-02-2011, 13:20
Doors slowly closing

Japan dates TBC.
Old 21-02-2011, 13:32
Mr Msppedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext37 Fielding View Post
Japan dates TBC.
I wouldnt be surprised if it was the Nano-Mugen Festival in Yokohama that they cancelled in 2009 cause Nicky had the shits
Old 21-02-2011, 13:32
I live to fall asleep

Location: Alone in a godless universe and out of shake 'n vac
I have made no festival plans this year, other than Sunday at Wireless (PULP!) but if it turns out the Manics are playing Reading/Leeds or Glasto, I'll be there like a shot. I'll have to volunteer my services to work on the bars or something if it's Glastonbury as I don't have a ticket, but it'll be worth it. Especially if I can work on a bar rather than watch U2. Bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
life is excellent if you just fuck each other whilst doing loads of coke.
Old 21-02-2011, 13:37
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennanire View Post
I was gonna go to Glasto' this year with my best friend, but, we decided we're too high maintenance, and sadly, we already dance around in skimpy clothes and roll about in fields, so that didn't temp us. ...Okay if I'm honest I was riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight pissed off when my best friend decided we didn't want to go anymore. But I soon turned to her way of thinking when she said, "That gay band you like won't want to shag you if you look like that, we need this extra year to get our hot bodies in shape." (Yeah, we invented this whole fantasy in our head.)
HOWEVER we're definitely going next year, when we're at uni' because we decided that being a student means it's acceptable to look bad.
Glasto is taking a break next year! I was going to go next year until I found that out

2013 it is!
Old 21-02-2011, 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMoney MoJunk View Post
Glasto is taking a break next year! I was going to go next year until I found that out

2013 it is!
WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT!?!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 21-02-2011, 13:44
Builder of routine

Quote:
Oh also "Gay band you like" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
don't worry, I hear this text all the time from my friends
Old 21-02-2011, 13:46
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
I feel your pain. The land needs a year off to get it's nutrients back and other farming jargon.
Old 21-02-2011, 13:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
don't worry, I hear this text all the time from my friends
Why do friends insist of mocking them?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 21-02-2011, 15:33
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseTintedSpecs View Post
I've been put off doing the whole weekend at Leeds by the amount of people in my year who'll go just to spend the whole weekend completely wasted even if they don't really like any of the headlining artists; one of my friends said she wanted to go but she wouldn't want to be sober because otherwise she wouldn't enjoy it! Personally I would want to remember what went on and what the artists were like. Also, I can't really afford to go for the whole weekend, seeing as I'm meant to be saving up for uni

I live about an hour away from Bramham Park and can't go to any of the May dates so Leeds would be ideal really, hint hint if they ever come on here
I feel your pain, I've been with people who drink in the mornings and see about 4 bands, waste of money, I drank equal amounts in the evenings and saw 30+ bands.
Old 21-02-2011, 15:52
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-eh View Post
I still haven't been, but my twin has and it just doesn't sound for me but oh dear, it was bad enough seeing them after Bullet For My Valentine.
I agree. I was at Reading 08, but having to suffer BFMV before the Manics........Don't get me wrong I like Iron Maiden, Metallica and Megadeth, but BFMV are shite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 21-02-2011, 16:39
Freed from the century

I'd like them to do a festival date here. But at the same time I'm not really expecting them to come here two years in a row.
Old 21-02-2011, 16:52
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMoney MoJunk View Post

2013 it is!
Quote:
Aye, they usually do four years on, one off. Made an exception for 2012 expecting the Olympics to make it hard to get enough portaloos apparently.
Old 21-02-2011, 18:34
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
I feel your pain, I've been with people who drink in the mornings and see about 4 bands, waste of money, I drank equal amounts in the evenings and saw 30+ bands.
My cousin's been for the last 2 years and he was going on about how they would go to the Tesco about a mile away and buy a massive crate of beer and carry it back to the festival site on foot, and then start drinking each day at 8 in the morning and not stop until midnight. I'm surprised he actually remembered anything, but miraculously he did. I just don't get it at all
01/06/15 - Wolverhampton Civic Hall