Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Resistance is Futile Album and Tour Forum

Old 09-08-2018, 10:05
Bored of being bored

Interesting interview with James on the gear used to record RiF:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/mani...-like-a-gibson
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 10-08-2018, 23:11
Doors slowly closing

Listened to this again today (er... *checks clock* ...) well, yesterday, in full for the first time in a few weeks. Still love all of it. Really dug Sequels to Forgotten Wars and In Eternity a lot, weird they don't play them live (future choices for the 'curio' slots in gigs maybe...). Mirror Gaze is already like an old friend, and I find it maddening and baffling it wasn't on the album, I think it might even have drawn completely level with Hold Me Like A Heaven as my favourite track of the era. I also find MG the most fun to play on my guitar of the whole album, every part of it is just made of pure win!

And if you're reading this and you haven't heard those HMLAH remixes you should, they are both really really good IMHO. HMLAH/MG plus those remixes would have been one of the best physical singles they ever released. Which reminds me I was going to make a custom physical single... I need to get on that...

Really hope we get that other unreleased track ('These Dark Roads' was it?) some time.

"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| Porco Tunes: soundcloud.com/fdporco | New Track *'Crashed'*[Video]
“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"
Old 11-08-2018, 09:23
Stretched out in the sun

Liverpool Revisited still jars with me so maybe that should have had Mirror Gaze on it!
Apart from that I can listen to the album in full any time.
I'm going have to dig out Rewind The Film and Futurology as well.
Old 11-08-2018, 16:20
I live to fall asleep

I played the album all the way through yesterday and then followed it up with Futurology. Brilliant albums. It's a shame we got no proper physical releases for the singles, it's a shame they stopped doing vinyls - although I know IB got a very random limited release if you bought the LP. Maybe they can release all the singles on vinyl in a box set, that'd be nice and all the singles have different colours instead of boring standard black.
Old 11-08-2018, 22:38
Stretched out in the sun

Question is, now their contract with Columbia has run out (Or was it with Epic?) are we going to buy another Best Of? (What of all their Columbia albums including GATS and the last three?)
I'd rather a new album first but... Yeah. I'd buy it.
Old 11-08-2018, 22:54
Freed from the century

The Essential Manic Street Preachers, perhaps?
Old 11-08-2018, 23:45
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
The Essential Manic Street Preachers, perhaps?
They have deep cuts don't they? That's the compilation the band needs, a cheapo deep cuts best of. They could even stick Together Stronger on it if there were at least 13 deep cuts on it.
Journal For Plague Lovers is Columbia isn't? That's the one I'd imagine them wanting to leave off the collection out of respect.
Despite that album having Dr... Essential deep cuts of all!